25 things I’ve learned in 25 years
1. Eat fruits. Your body deserves goodness.
2. True friends will stay. No matter how long you haven’t met.
3. So, do not leave those who TRULY CARE about you.
4. You are responsible for your own happiness. Do not depend on others.
5. Do not live to impress others. Just EXPRESS yourself and show your true colors.
6. Travel NOT to escape, but to redefine yourself.
7. Call or text your parents more often. They actually miss you.
8. Traditional cuisine is the best food on earth.
9. Relationship is hard.
10. Stay single until you know exactly why you want to be together.
11. WRITE. You always feel like you remember anything, but you don’t. Take note.
12. Sing more.
13. Hug more.
14. Being a generous person will not make you poor.
15. Wherever you go, a book is an obligatory item to bring.
16. It’s not about the gears you wear, but the determination and resilience you have.
18. In a mountain + no makeup = feel sexy the most.
19. Time will heal.
20. Korean skincare is worth trying.
21. No gadgets during quality time with your friends or loved ones. Respect each other.
22. Social media is toxic. Use it wisely.
23. Hard work pays off.
24. Be yourself. Love yourself.
25. Remember Rabb. Always.
And a piece of a lyric from Tulus below is such a lovely reminder.
“Hentikan tangismu. Berbinar matamu. Waktumu sangat terbatas.
Hentikan tangismu. Hargai nafasmu. Waktumu sangat terbatas.”
Selamat seperempat abad, JANI!